Sunday, October 3, 2010

Not much to report....



















Okay, first I'll report Payton's new "tricks." This week, while I was filming her practically crawling (she does this frog hop with her back legs and thrusts forward, but is now moving one knee then the other....very close to crawling), she went from lying down to a sitting position on her own. As I paid more attention throughout the week, I watched her do this consistently AND she can go from sitting to crawling (scooting) now. The drooling has picked back up...she might be trying to get those top teeth through? She has now tried a real pear, and loved it, jelly sammie, mac and cheese, "puffs," yogurt bites, biter biscuits, and peanut butter ice cream. YES, peanut butter. I guess we'll find out if she has an allergy to PB...I hope not. A childhood without PB&J sammies would be terrible! :O And lastly, she's talking more and more, and studying us while we talk to her. I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear that first "ma ma."

The past week went fast, as most of them do! I was not diligent in taking pictures this week, so you'll have to settle for a few that I took on my phone and those that Brian took on his trip...he, three friends, and 2 dogs went on a camping trip to Linville Gorge. They weren't supposed to be back until after lunch today, but it was a great surprise to see Brian late last night. Turns out, they might just not be the campers they thought they were! They camped out Friday night, near the car, then hiked a LONG treacherous way on Saturday, and by the time they thought about finding somewhere to set up camp Saturday night, they were completely spent, tired, sore, hungry, tired, hungover, and ready to be home! After a stop at Taco Bell for a nutritious dinner and cup of coffee for energy for the ride home, Brian showed up on the doorstop around 11:30pm last night. As you've seen, he played with the camera some, writing messages with the flash, and catching a snake eating a fish...anyone know what type of snake that is? Neither Brian or Callie have practically moved in 24 hours! Yes, EVEN CALLIE! In the meantime, Payton, Emma, and I got many house chores completed, errands run, cleaned some, and got some runs in. We had a productive weekend. Sunday, our friends Rob and Chasity Watson picked Payton and me up on their boat and we went to a Cancer Benefit at Tbones. You can see Payton playing with their youngest daughter, Rankin, which lead to naptime for Sweet P! There were bands playing, tons of people around, kids playing, and Payton hung ALL day, only having that one short nap on the boat. The Kenningtons and Uncle Dan met us up there. Everyone talked about how cute Payton was :) I tended to agree! She'll be SIX MONTHS on the 7th, or on Thursday....her HALF birthday! I can't believe it's been half a year already! I'll be posting pictures next weekend, then I may wean down to updating once per month. I know, I know. But every week might be a bit much to post for the rest of her life ;) We'll make sure the highlights are documented. The Pats play the stinky old fish, sorry, stinky old mammals, tomorrow night. I know I won't be able to watch the whole thing, but be assured that P and I will be in our full Pats garb, at least for pics :) We'll check in next weekend! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment