Monday, September 17, 2012

He WALKS! Greek Fest, Wedding, and more...

Indeed....over the weekend something "clicked" because Griffin was shaking his booty at the Greek Festival (while standing/walking) and he is letting go more and more, and taking more and more consecutive steps.  It isn't his primary mode of transportation yet, BUT he's getting there!  He'll be outrunning Mommy and Daddy before we know it!  He says "more, mum, da-da, oh wow, yay" and a couple more words we try to make sense out of, but he TOTALLY understands what we are saying.  He tries to put his shoes on his feet, and thinks it's funny to drop food on the floor for the dogs.  Yay. 



Nana and Granddude were here last Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, as I mentioned before.  They joined us at the annual Greek Festival, which is always a lot of fun.  We got there early, before the crowds, and Payton enjoyed going on a couple rides.  The kids got on the stage and danced, we all enjoyed some Greek goodies, and we got home at a decent hour.  My friend, Kim, met us there too!






When the paparazzi follows, you have to do what you have to do!  Coolest.Dog.Ever.

Nana and Granddude sat with the kids ALL day and evening Saturday, so Brian and I could attend a friend's wedding.  Shana and Lucian had their big day, Saturday, at St. Gabriel's, then the party started at the Ritz, in uptown.  We had a blast, and couldn't be happier for the gorgeous couple!  I began the day, Saturday, with a (gulp) 12 mile run!  I felt great, but wondered how I was going to navigate the night in my 5+ inch heels!  Somehow with some Advil and wine, I managed just fine :) 
The beautiful couple...meet, for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Krant!
Me with the gorgeous bride!

...and the handsome groom :)


And my gorgeous parents!
Dad and his Bestie, "Wally"

My handsome hubby!

Mister and Missus

Father of the Bride, Jack, and Brother of the Bride, Jason
Breaking it down with the groom...



I took advantage of an adult night out...maybe a little too much so!
My baby and me :)


Sunday we went to the Carter's house for some football and playtime.  Payton had fun dressing Griffin, but I have a feeling, before long, Griffin isn't going to tolerate this silliness!  (They do make great bribe pictures for future use!)  We were supposed to attend a surprise 40th and 50th combo party for some friends, but our sitter came down with a stomach bug, so we had some down time and got prepared for the new week.  I touched up some paint on the stair walls with what Brian had labeled "hall/wall."  Well, the paint dried and it's completely the wrong shade.  We have NO idea where that paint came from, but it looks like I'll be re-painting the hall soon.  Yay :(



He had to balance out all the girly stuff with a little football!  Too bad it was an AWFUL week for our teams :(
Mom found some old pictures.  Here are two that I wanted to share....
Amy Topham Tisdale and Me, back in the 70's, somewhere in N. Myrtle Beach.  Yes, we're THAT old ;)

Looks a lot like two little ones I know VERY well ;)  And yes, I was rocking a Darth Vader shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment