Monday, June 17, 2013

Yachtsman Luau Party, Father's Day, and in Between

I moved into the "hood" in 1998 (WOW!  Has it been that long?)  Back then, people were cool, friendly, and laid back.  I never once had my dog, Bailey, on a leash.  Hell, I don't even know if I had a collar for her.  If you had the ball, you were in charge.  NOTHING took her eye off the ball.  All that to say that times around the "hood" have certainly changed.  Everything is so much more "official" now.  People are penalized for just about everything.  Cooler on your porch?  Get a letter.  Forgot a towel on the railing?  Get a letter.  Everyone is in everyone else's business, and although there are still some very friendly faces around, it's just not the same.  We used to have FUN.  We used to have beach parties all the time.  I was in charge of the annual porch crawls.  Those were a blast!  So, I decided to take back some of MY fun, get some of the awesome neighbors together, and throw a beach party.  A Hawaiian luau, if you will.  (Shhhhh...Don't tell anyone, but we even let Callie OFF HER LEASH on the beach for a bit!)  I think it was a success, and if we are around much longer (God, please tell me that's NOT in your plan!), but if we are...maybe even a fall porch crawl is up my sleeve.  Cheers to the FUN people at the Yachtsman!!

LET'S PARTY!  Our little Hawaiian cutie!




Camryn and Raegan


Kids were all loving the water sports!


Silly Uncle Jeremy!
Rae-Rae

Cali Morgan

Camryn



Brenda, on the left, was instrumental in helping make this party happen.  THANK YOU BRENDA!

YaY...FOOD!



G loved this girl...wish she lived closer!









Hula "Looping," as Payton would say.

Raegan

Ted and Andy

Jeremy and Camryn
And, of course we got into other fun along the way....
My babies...Griffin and Juliet
Payton and Juliet (7 months)

Griffin looks like SUCH a big boy here.  Payton, Griffin, and Carter (who our kids adore!)
Kids at Lexi's house for a play date.  Lexi and Payton are in the same class at Sardis, and she asked Payton to come over and play with her!  They had a tea party, played with Barbies, and other toys. It was very cute!



Underwater Fun!




This is where Griffin mostly likes to hang out at the pool!

Check out Payton swimming (and diving) these days!  She'll be swimming the length of the pool in a month, I bet!
We take our fun under-cover when it rains!
And rain it did!  This was on Providence Road, Monday.  Trees down everywhere, power lines down, roads closed...it was crazy!
Carowinds with the Tophams!

Sorry, but I can't get enough of these "scared" faces.  Seriously, the kids don't want to get off this ride.  Ever.  Regardless of the fact they both look like they are going to loose their lunches.


Yes.  That's a chicken nugget G is holding.  He held it for a half hour before I finally made him eat it!


P always wants the pink horse (like ALL the other little girls)...she finally got it this day!

Wes and G on the spaceship ride.  One enjoyed it.  One did not.  Lol.
Payton's VERY FIRST rollercoaster ride.
Look at that face!  She had her arms up all the way up the hill, then she kind of whined...when we were done, she wanted to stay on and go again!  That's my girl :)
All that fun will wear a little girl out!  What a princess...so peaceful.
Such sass!

I was going in to get Griffin up, from his nap, and this is what I found!  I just hope Payton doesn't teach him to climb out.  Then we'll have a problem!  (Come on house, SELL!!!!)
We spent Friday and Saturday afternoon with the McKinneys, on their pontoon boat and sweet Malibu wakeboard boat

I even got on a wakeboard...FINALLY!
Our little Brooke Shields, lol.

Mattie, we have no idea either!

Father and Son Moments...


And we ended the evening with a little bathtime fun...
I got to wakeboard two days in a row!  Whoop!






At Boomerang Bay (Carowind's Water Park) for Father's Day.  We treated Daddy to breakfast at IHOP, then enjoyed the waterpark all morning and early afternoon.  Then more pool time!
Here's me sending Griffin down a little water slide.  I'm pretty sure he went in head first, lol!  He wanted to do it over and over, which is a vast improvement.  He also went down a bigger waterslide, with me, on a raft.  He LOVED that!  Both kids love their waterslides. 


Payton (3) and Madi (4) underwater.



Redneck Porch Fun...Ridin' Dirty.
Payton and Mattie have so much fun playing together.  They started this on Saturday, at Mattie's lake house (I was on edge the whole time, but they did awesome!)
Sorry this is so long...I hope all the wonderful fathers out there had a great time with their kiddos!  I know Brian had a nice day, and weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, I love the pictures. Do you have a fancy underwater camera or a life lock case thingy on your iphone? We have to catch up in July for sure!

    ReplyDelete