Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Miller-Catlett Wedding Weekend...


Picture courtesy of Kimberly Needles Photography

The wedding of the decade just went down this past weekend.  My dear ASU college buddy, snowboard pal, personal comedian, and all around awesome dude, J.J. Catlett, got married.  A day some of us thought may never come.  And, what makes this even more cool is that his bride, Jenn Miller, happens to also be a friend of mine.  The two met through Facebook, if you can believe that!  Heather Harrelson, Jenn, JJ, and I were all kidding around one evening, messaging each other, until things got a little personal...we'll leave it at that ;)  lol.  As Heather and I backed out of the conversation, JJ and Jenn continued on.  A couple days later, I get a phone call from Jenn.  She wanted to know all about JJ, and if she should meet up with him the following weekend.  I could have shared a number of "colorful" stories with her, but I didn't want to scare her off!  I'm kidding, well sort of, and had nothing but wonderful things to say about him...they met up, and that, as they say, is history!! 

They got married on Holden Beach.  They rented a spectacular 16 bedroom house, where most of us stayed, and they definitely had an "in" with Mother Nature.  It was mid 80's, sunny skies, and most of all, the most loving family and friends surrounded JJ and Jenn.  There truly couldn't have been a better mixture of people, from all different places and times in each of their lives.  I was thrilled to get to meet Christina, JJ's incredible sister, and JJ's parents (not sure, in all these years of knowing JJ, how I've never met them!)  They.Are.Awesome.  Period.  JJ's dad, John (aka, Daddy Catlett), has had quite a battle with complications resulting from diabetes, and has recently had his left leg amputated.  His sense of humor, candor, strength, and positive outlook on life has, and will, take him a long way.  He's a pretty inspiring dude.  JJ's mother, Pam, is cute as a button, and the love they have for one another is amazing.  My goal, by the end of the weekend?  To get a wheelchair ride...mission-successful :)  Trust me when I say that wheelchair didn't impair his dancing!  Here is a look at the Catlett family.  You can feel the love!


JJ didn't like himself in this pic, so out he was cropped...except for that damn cast blocking the sunset!  OH, about that.  JJ, aka "Bubble Boy" as I like to call him, broke his left RING finger, well the metacarpal..is that right?... about 3 weeks ago.  He really, really likes casts and crutches.  ;)  So, he rocked the cast for the reception.

Mother-Son Dance


I told you!  My ride :) with Daddy Catlett and Christina

And I captured this precious moment of the Catlett family dancing together...

I also had the privilege of meeting the Miller family.  Jenn's mom was as nice and welcoming as she could be, and her dad...he was pretty awesome too.  I know, in speaking with them, that they couldn't have chosen a better husband for their daughter, and welcomed JJ, and his family, into theirs with open arms.  These two families know how to throw one hell of a party!  A gracious and sincere THANK YOU to both the Catlett and Miller families for the incredible, memorable wedding weekend.  It was perfect!



Father-Daughter Dance...gets me every time!



Among seeing TONS of old friends, some of them I haven't seen in 15 years, I also made a few new ones along the way.  The kind you know, when you meet them, that they will be lifelong friends.  Marian, now we just need to get those Dillons back over here on the EAST coast to get our "posse" back together!!  Here are the party pics from the first two nights.  One word describes it:  TROUBLE!  Ha.  Let's make this an annual occasion!!!








Two of the cutest, sweetest little people I've ever met...Marea and Kieran.


I just love this couple!  They came in from the left coast, San Francisco...and we're taking donations to move them back over to the "right" coast soon ;)  Miss you guys!!

I see you!


My bestie, Gary, the caterer!
Hey, they had to earn their keep somehow!

The groom...nothing but a hunka-hunka burnin' love.

Beautiful Matron of Honor, Kerry, with the gorgeous bride, Jenn

My handsome hubby

Greg, our neighbor, also our realtor, accountant, and friend (the dude can multitask!), and Heather, and Brian

Wedding party, going out for the rehearsal

Heather and Miss Angie!  Two of Jenn's good friends from college, and also our Lake Wylie friends!

Supa-star HH

My glamour shot, lol.

That's A LOT of oysters!


Marian and Aretta...I miss these girls SO much already!!  Can't wait for our reunion!



Little Zach and his precious fiancee, Laura.  They came all the way from Washington State!

Mark "McCloser" McClaskey...our neighbor, other realtor, and friend


Mrs. Bradley

Mainda...the birthday girl of the week :)  Happy birthday, Monkey!

The Dillons

Brad and sweet Kieran


Such a FUN night with old and new friends!  (Sorry to the bride and groom for keeping you awake!)


The ceremony was on the beach, on a sand dune.  It was gorgeous, and the love radiated from both the onlookers, and especially from Jenn and JJ.  They really are perfect for each other.  JJ, asked that we not take any pictures at the actual ceremony, so here are some from Kim, their incredible photographer.  I canNOT wait to see the other pictures from Kim (my mentor!!  Thanks, Kim!)  She took THOUSANDS of awesome pictures, and has allowed me to use several of them for your eyes!  She's amazing!

Kim!!  And I have MAJOR camera envy!  Santa, I've been a really good girl this year...just sayin'


Courtesy of Kimberly Needles Photography

Courtesy of Kimberly Needles Photography...this says it all.  He was so excited to get hitched!

Courtesy of Kimberly Needles Photography...gorgeous bride!
Courtesy of Kimberly Needles Photography

Courtesy of Kimberly Needles Photography

Courtesy of Kimberly Needles Photography
Courtesy of Kimberly Needles Photography
Courtesy of Kimberly Needles Photography


And then, there was the reception and party. I'd say, at some point in the evening, over 50% of the guests actually ended up in the pool, fully clothed (I know, what's the fun in that, right? lol).  I think Jenn's mother may have had the most fun of them all...she kept being thrown in again, and again, with no resistance.  Even her Dad went for a swim.  JJ and Jenn have some very, very awesome friends...in it for a lifetime.  You can see the love (and in some cases, maybe too much love, ha!)  I'm loving all the photobombs!
Me with the handsome groom

Christy, one of my besties, and her dapper hubby, Geoff Brantley


Aaron and Marcy Martin

Scott and Tiffany Maloney...SUCH an awesome surprise to see them!!










Me, Aretta, Nicole, and Marian...damn how I miss these girls!!



































 
A heartfelt toast given by the best man, Brad Bradley







Harrison





JJ's Aunt


Jenn's Daddy

Little Zach, one of the groomsmen






JJ's mother, cute as a button!














Ty and Shellie...our roomies for the weekend!

It's not a party without Reglan in the house!

It's been SO many years since I've seen these boys...obviously nothing much has changed.  Lynwood, Hogan, Hosley, and Ross, so great to see you all!







Susan, one of the Matrons of Honor...her sister is Kim, the photographer








Nice product placement, Lynwood!






The sunsets were stunning...the beach was wide, largely unpopulated, and there were so many freaking birds around that I was scared, at times.  Holden Beach is pretty awesome...the wedding was perfect.  The guests rocked.  The weekend went WAY too fast...bye, bye beach.  Hello winter!!


So, Aretta and I were walking Friday afternoon and came across this mailbox.  We totally had to check it out.

Inside, memo pads, pens, a dinosaur, oyster shell, and the pine cone that we left.  We also read some notes, and left some notes.  Catlett's, your wedding story is now a part of history inside.  Pretty cool find!



Just like her daddy, Marea Bradley (who turned 8 on Monday...happy birthday!) tries to surf the flats...the ocean was like a lake our entire stay :(

Cute little Leah Bradley (4.5)...a little fishy like Payton!  When I was missing our babies, Leah had no problem giving me a hug!

Kieran Bradley (5.5)
Ocean Isle in the distance.

I found this little guy in a tide pool


Brad found this little guy in the same tide pool....

Thankfully, he didn't bother us because he was dead as a doornail.  I had to check him out, stink and all!

Getting the wedding day festivities under way!


(I think I may need to clean my lens!)

 As if the beauty of the wedding and people there wasn't enough, God blessed us with some amazing sunsets each evening.  


Courtesy of Kimberly Needles Photography



And here they are.  The newest newlyweds we know.  Here's to a happy, healthy, long, and loving marriage.  Congrats to our friends, JJ and Jenn Catlett.  You guys rock!  We love you and couldn't be more happy the two of you found each other!!  Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special weekend!  And I'm NOT kidding when I say this Holden Beach trip should be an annual tradition.  I mean who wouldn't want to celebrate their marriage with all of us cool peeps?  :)  xo



2 comments:

  1. These are amazing! I was soooo happy to be able to be there for the weekend, and hang out with the fabulous crew! I miss you! These pics remind me of how much fun we had, and how our husbands are going to be worried the next time we can all get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Let's definitely make that happen soon! Winter isn't too far off...I smell a Snowshoe trip that spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!! I miss you too! xo

    ReplyDelete