Monday, November 4, 2013

Fall Fun, Festivals, Halloween, and Family...

(This is a REALLY long blog post, with LOTS of pictures...sorry!!)

Fall is in full effect!  We've had some fun play dates, pumpkin carving, Berewick Fall Festival, Carowinds, and another birthday party.  Let's not forget October 31st...HALLOWEEN!  Everyone has had a blast!  Here are some tree monkeys that I caught, while playing around with Aunt Miss' camera and learning from her (have I mentioned I'd like a new camera??)...monkey see, monkey do.  Everyone wanted a turn.

Griffin

Payton

Sam

Wes
We took the kids to the annual Halloween party at Morrison, near Southpark (a week before Halloween).  They got to wear their costumes...Payton is Snow White and Griffin is Dusty Crophopper, from the movie, "Planes."  A few of our friends met us there, along with Nana and Granddude, who were in town to sit with the kids.  They got to Trick-or-Treat (Griffin got the hang of it REALLY fast!), decorate pumpkins, ride the train, get their faces painted, and have Mr. Twister make them some really cool balloon art.  A good time was had by all!

Spooktacular at Morrison...

Mr. Twister...always a big hit with the kids.






Her finished product was way better than anything I would have come up with!

Lucas, Tessa, Griffin, Madison, Smith, Jacob, Payton...
Madison and Griffin...so sweet!

While at "Camp," over the weekend, Callie injured her left wrist.  The doggie doc said she has a chip fracture, and it should grind and disappear over time.  For now, she's on an anti-inflammatory for pain and swelling.  Poor girl played hard over the weekend.  Since her visit with the vet, she's back to her old, happy self!  :)

He said he had to pee.  Went inside to get the potty.  Then wanted to play with it (the potty, that is).  Still no luck :(

Growing up way too quickly.
I ran 11 miles Saturday morning, and hurt my IT band, again.  Booo.  I'm just 3 weeks out from my half marathon, and I'm hurting.  I hope it gets better before then!  Anyway, I was less than a mile from home, on my way back, and I saw something ahead.  I couldn't tell what type animal it was, then I got closer...it was a wild turkey, AGAIN!  She smiled for me...
Then I was looking at the picture in my phone, cars were driving by, and I had my earphones in, listening to music.  I happened to look back, and that damn turkey was creeping up behind me.  She was about 10 feet behind me.  No wonder there were weird looks from the passing drivers.  So, I went on about my business, and went on to finish my run.  About 2 tenths of a mile down the road, I happened to look back.  This jive turkey was CHASING me.  LOL.  I didn't know if she was wanting to be my friend, or chase me away.  Either way, it was hilarious.  By the time I got my phone out, she wasn't as close, but here's a short clip...


Apparently, Mrs. Tom Turkey has taken up residence on our road.  We see her every weekend.  (Maybe she has a job during the week?  lol)  I saw her again this morning, but thankfully not on my 13 mile run on Saturday (which, by the way, my hip/back was starting to feel better, but by Sunday, hurting again.  Boo!)  I had a very slow run, but got the miles in, at least.


We made a quick trip to the pumpkin patch Saturday morning, before the fall festival.  It's an annual tradition, but since naptimes were quickly approaching, we made it in for a few pictures, then off to play.




We headed to the Berewick Fall Festival, next, which was quite similar to the Morrison Halloween party.  They had a giant bouncy slide, which Payton loved. It took some coercing to get Griffin to slide down, but he did, eventually.  We rode the train, and then went to see a 6 week old tiger, before heading home for naps.  SO cute!




Daddy did a great job carving our jack-o-lantern, after the kids and I scooped out the guts and picked out the seeds.  The kids, by they way, like roasted pumpkin seeds!  And they're packed with nutrition!



Sunday brought more fun and craziness.  We started the morning by meeting Uncle Gary, Cameron, and Claire at Carowinds.  It was the last day the park is open until the spring.  I guess the last day syndrome brought slackness to most of the employees, as both kids were able to ride on rides they were just a tad too short to be on.  Payton has learned how to "stand tall" although no one ever measured her.  She went on several "big girl" rollercoasters she had never been able to ride before, and Griffin got to go on 3 rides he had not been allowed to ride prior.  We had a blast!

Griffin and Claire waiting patiently as Cameron and Payton ride the Pirate Ride

The kid's fave...the Balloon Ride



Griffin's first plane ride...

And he figured out how to make it go high, whereas Payton flew low...

First "big girl" rollercoaster!!
You can barely see me, and Payton's tiny little feet

Griffin's first swing ride (at Carowinds, anyway)

Gary and Me waiting for the front of the Intimidator Rollercoaster

On the Scrambler!  Another first for Payton...ALL smiles and giggles.
After Carowinds, and some short naps, we headed across town to one of Payton's classmate's 4th birthday party.  "Pav."  And Pav's younger brother, Toley, is in Griffin's class.  There were TONS of kids there.  A bouncy house, a ROCKET SHIP!, pizza, cake, and some Greek snacks.  YUM! 
Look at those tears...he was stuck on the other side of the bounce house, crying, and we didn't know it :(

3, 2, 1...BLAST OFF!




And then there was Halloween....spooky, spooky Halloween!  The kids had a parade at school, Thursday morning.  Then we went Trick-or-Treating in the Topham's neighborhood, with Sam, Wes, Raegan, and Camryn.


School parade (Batman is Fynn, Payton's "boyfriend")


The kids sung 3 songs for the parents.  Here's a couple...



 Between all the school parade and and Trick-or-Treating was soccer shots (seriously, we don't spare a minute of our time!!)
This was what Griffin was doing when I came to pick him up!  Over, and over again.



Such enthusiasm!






(we need to work on her NOT pushing!)

It's naptime.  She's pooped.


The kids had a BLAST Trick-or-Treating.  It was a fun year, since we could send them up to the doors by themselves.  Both Payton and Griffin even went into a spooky, haunted garage with me. Honestly, I think Camryn and Griffin may have had the most fun, and moved faster than the older girls.  Payton had on REAL makeup, and looked so funny with that dark wig on.  They all racked up on tooth-decaying candy, and slept quite well that night.  Happy Halloween indeed! 




Sam, Wes, Emma, Ava, Lily, Payton, Griffin
Raegan and Camryn

Thumbs up.  Ready to roll!  (This wagon quickly became transportation for the guys cooler, as the kids all wanted to walk)

Payton ran into another Snow White :-)


And I wanted to share this gorgeous picture of the Viaduct at Grandfather Mountain, on the Blueridge Parkway.  The colors are gorgeous!!
And here are some other beautiful things I've seen around town and out on my runs...












We had a visit from my friend Katie, who is married to Uncle Gary's brother (guess that somehow makes her an Auntie, in our very complicated, non-blood relationships, lol!)  Katie and Greg have moved back to Charlotte, from Wilmington, and have had baby girl #2 since we've last seen her.  Baby Eleanor "Norie" is 10 weeks old and gorgeous.  What a sweet, squishy laid back little one.  The kids all had a blast playing "house" with her.  And her big sister, Olive, "Ollie" is just as adorable.  It was great catching up, and we're so glad they are back in town!!  Here's to many more playdates!!

Ollie, playing peek-a-boo!

Payton with Norie (discussing softball?)

She's such a sweetheart!


Everyone giving Norie kisses.  (Notice the baseball glove to Ollie's face...SORRY baby girl!)


Um, excuse me!  That's NOT the baby!  (Katie, we're going to have to keep an eye on these two...this isn't the first time we've caught them smooching!)


We've been trying to get some pictures worthy of Christmas cards lately, taking advantage of all the pretty colors.  It's quite difficult to get 2 kids to look at the same place, at the same time, and smile.  We'll keep trying, and having fun in the meantime :)

Yep, he just runs that fast ;)

Brian was taking my picture, and this is what these clowns were doing...



This girl cracks me up!

We had a super fun weekend, including a visit to help the Boughmans get ready for their upcoming "BeerBQ" party, Brian winterized the boat, and I got to go out to celebrate Diana's 40th birthday!
This is one of Jeremy's "project" boats...Callie evidently thought a boat ride was in order.

Lunchtime!
Me, Missy, Andy

Mandi, Me, Missy, Andy

Lena, Diana (THE birthday girl!!), Me, Sandy (with the coolest "sock bun"), and Andy

A blurry Missy, Mandi, and Me

 Okay, I think I'm done here.  I hope you enjoyed all the many pictures!  I'm hoping to have SNOW in some pictures soon...really soon.  My parents were in the mountains over the weekend, and it snowed.  Hard.  For 2 hours.  I'm ready for 2 DAYS of it.  Happy November everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment