Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Snowshoe March 2014...and things in between

My annual Snowshoe trip has come and gone.  This is the trip I go on each year, with Gary, and the K2 reps.  We arrived to rain, which quickly turned into accumulating snow.  It snowed all night Sunday, and most of Monday.  Since it was demo days for the local snowboard and ski shops, many of my rep friends were also in town.  We all got together and played.  It was just what I needed...to see so many smiling faces, and be with people who are so much fun. But, before I left home, my babies told me bye.  It's always hard to leave them...


The slopes were in awesome condition for us Monday, but it was COLD.  Like the highs I don't think quite made it into the 20's, and it got to -3 degrees that night.  Made my feet move fast when I was outside, for sure. 
Nick, Me, Gary...selfie day 1
Lauren, Kieran, Marea, and Leah...who all did awesome on their snowboards!  Taking a break to warm up at Starbucks.

One of my favorite 3 Bradley girls (Kieran)
Little Timmy...Ride rep and Edge of the World master HAHA

Mark, one of the K2 reps

A confused looking Scott Squires...K2 and Zoot rep, Ironman, and man who chose to sponsor me last year.  THANK YOU SCOTT!  Team K2 forever :)
Sunset on Monday night, after the snow stopped

The Summit Condos...where we stayed, blanketed by clouds and an awesome sunset

At Foxfire...Scott, Me, Mark, Gary, Nick

At Spruce...Gary, Brad, Lynwood, Alyssa, Mark, Scott, Nick, Todd, Monica, Marian, and me
I was so tired this night, and ended up heading back to the condo earlier than most of the others.  They ran into Sean Payton, coach of the New Orleans Saints!  Dang.  I could've shared my love for Tom Brady with him.  HAHA!


Tuesday, "FAT Tuesday," brought sunshine and a tad bit warmer temperatures...at least the sun made it feel warmer.  The snow was still awesome, and fast.  We had an another incredible day on the snow, and I got to demo a couple of boards for next year.  It's hard to choose which board to get each year, as they are all so awesome, yet so different.  I think I've made my choice though :)  And Uncle Gary, I now know which bindings to get, haha!  One of the things Gary does for the reps each year is make bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits.  Guess who got to deliver them?
Nick, delivering the delicious biscuits

The scene in the village

Scott, Me and Wade (Ride rep)

Steve Hogan (Rome Board rep), me, and Harrison Montgomery (686 rep)

2014-2015 line of K2 boards...getting ready to test 'em out

Embler, having a biscuit, taking a break from turning screws


Our friends at Capita, Union Bindings, DC (Brad Bradley), LibTech (Lil Chris)

Day 2 Selfie
The 2014/2015 Spot Lite...I think I liked the Bright Lite better.  Could be my board for next season!

Uncle Gary catching some air in between dodging people


Gary

Me

My baby air!

Nick's baby air

This about sums up the only exercise I got for the whole week...

View of Ballhooter lift, the Boathouse Bar and frozen, snow covered lake below.



At a Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras party


Wednesday was even warmer.  The sky was as blue as any of us had ever seen.  The snow was soft, but still pretty fast.  The slopes were empty.  It was our last day.  A good last day.  It's been an awesome winter full of a lot of snow and snowboarding.  I'm thankful to get to do what I love so much, and appreciate the fact that Brian stayed with the kids to allow me to go.  Maybe next year we'll have a babysitter so he can join in on the Snowshoe fun (hint hint).  He LOVES Snowshoe (and any places out west, for that matter!)
Selfie Day 3
Cupp Run, Western Territory

BlueBIRD!
Bambi...these are the most tame deer I've ever seen! With the exception of the few ones on Beech Mountain, back in the day


We ended our stay with this gorgeous sunset. Bye bye Snowshoe.  Until next year...


In the meantime, Brian was managing the kids.  School, lunches, dinners, baths, and all the fun in between.  He even let Payton pick out her outfits.  Here's what he sent to me:
Granddude and Nana came to help us out on Friday.  They kept the kids, and took them to the Rock Hill Museum, which the kids love.  We went out to eat Friday night, and Mandi joined us...the kids always have a blast playing in the game room, so we can relax a little bit and actually talk.
Hickory Tavern Selfie

 Our Tarheels, unfortunately, lost to the Dookies, but we were pulling hard for them!  We had a fun morning playing soccer, tennis, basketball, and baseball at the tennis courts.  That afternoon Brian, the kids, and I headed out on the lake with Diana, Tobias, and Roman.  It was a beautiful day!

Me and Diana...

Roman

Sunday, Payton attended a birthday party for her "boyfriend," Fynn.  The March day couldn't have been more beautiful!  Sunny and about 76 degrees! The party was at 1 o'clock (the kid's naptimes) so I took Payton and Brian stayed home with Griffin, who took more than a two hour nap.  This gave Brian and Callie a chance to relax and read outside.  Well, Callie didn't read.  You know what I mean.


Anna and Payton
Branner and Payton

Happy 4th birthday, Fynn!




Who wants cake?
Sunday evening was such a tease and made us all look forward to spring, longer days, and warmer temperatures.  Julie and Mattie came over, and some of our neighbors came out to play.


Callie 5.5 years

And that about sums up our last week and a half.  Grumps is finally done with his chemo, and we are hoping his body has reacted to the poison the way it was supposed to.  The side effects of the medicine will take months to rectify, but we are moving forward, and hopefully towards good news in April, and normality for him.  We'd like to put all this behind us.  Thanks to those of you who have reached out, offered prayers, and support.  We appreciate and love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment