Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Snow Fun, Wakesurfing (what?!?), and a SUPER Bowl!!!


January 20th!  67 degrees.  Gorgeous out!





Faceplant!  Into the icy water...
Yes, it was cold.  I think the water temps are around 46 degrees.  My toes went from numb to hurting to swollen and red...at that point, I tapped out.  Got dried off, and put my Uggs on.  It was a warm, sunny afternoon.  How could we NOT get on the water?
I wasn't the only crazy one...

Brandon and Kev

Gorgeous sunset...by boat.  The best kind.


Two of my dear friends are expecting their first little one.  They asked me to take a few pictures to help with their announcement.  They had a little helper also :)





Lake Wylie Sunset
Sunset over the Blue Ridge Mountains

When we arrived at the mountain house, the kids insisted they shovel the driveway.  It was awesome because it allowed me to get all our stuff in the house while they were occupied :)


They had serious fun shoveling!

It snowed about 3 inches overnight, leaving enough coverage on the driveway for snowboard and sledding fun.  It continued to snow for most of the day Friday. We had lots of snow fun, making snow angels, sledding, snowboarding, and having snowball fights, while we waited for our friends, the Holberts, to arrive.






Payton is getting so much better!  She's starting to learn how to edge :)
Ahhh, the simple things of being a kid....

My failed attempt at capturing snowflakes on those gorgeous, long lashes.  (My "subject" moves around too much!)



SNOWBOARDING:  It's in their blood!








There's nothing like a soak in the warm tub after a long morning of playing in the snow! (but seriously, an outside hot tub would be AWESOME!!!  Hint hint, mom and dad!)

I (barely) spy two little girls, playing in the (very cold) vineyard


So incredibly sweet...Payton with little Leela

Sunning themselves like it was warm, or something.  It was 23 degrees!!



I think this would be a perfect Christmas card picture...just sayin'  Hahaha. Katie, Kinley, Todd, and Leela

Kinley.  One of the sweetest, cutest little girls I've ever met.

Nice photobomb, Payton!
Sweet Pea, playing with Saddie, the winery's newest addition



You know you're in a winery when....

Saturday morning's view from the Sugar Shack...

Good morning, Grandfather!

Kinley strapped in and ready for her first time down on a board...

Here is Griffin going OH so slowly down the driveway...

She loved it!



Griffin, taking one of his girlfriends on a "date."

Griffin and Leela (who will be 3 in June)





Yes, he's quite secure in his masculinity

Sweet Sugar...


Granby and Grumps Sugar Shack
White Lightning, at Beech

Payton's first chair up of the season, and second chair up...ever!  She did great!

Leela crawled into bed with G...for a sec, anyway.

Katie even gave it a try!



On the chairlift at Beech

Todd and me, making a couple of runs...the snow was awesome!

And, once again, my Pats made it to the Super Bowl.  But unlike the past 2 attempts, they WON :)  My friends, Brandon and Lawrinda, had a party...I was glued to the television.  It was a great game!


With my friend, Brandon...and the only other Patriot fan at the party.  Haha.



Family selfies, with my minis, while sitting in the carpool line...



Seriously...when did they grow up?

Griffin started singing in the toy aisle of Target...he's such a character!

We hope everyone is doing well and surviving the snow & cold up north.  We can't complain too much about our very mild winter...well, some snow would be nice here (but the 5-6 inch range that melts in a couple of days :)  A few more snowboarding trips, then all eyes on the pool and lake.  I just need to get Griffin swimming before that!!!  :O

No comments:

Post a Comment