Monday, March 28, 2011

29, and holding?














I'm holding onto Payton's last week of being 11 months like I tried to hold onto being 29 years old! She has grown from a baby into such a beautiful little girl, SO full of personality. The month of March has mostly been beautiful, and had unseasonably warm temperatures. Payton has visited many parks with Granby, spent a lot of time outside, been on many stroller rides, met some chickens, played with friends, watched the Tarheels win, watched the Tarheels lose, and she's been riding her tricycle, which mommy pushes from behind. She will help clean up, and put her toys in her toy box, when asked. Payton is now walking around, getting up in the middle of the floor and walking wherever she wants. She is still doing the "drunken baby walk" and hasn't mastered the art of walking just yet, but her balance continues to improve, as she gets stronger and stronger. I can officially say she walked before she turned one! She loves to be the center of attention...wonder where she gets this?

Brian participated in the first annual Duke Power stair "climb" on Saturday. He had to climb 49 flights of stairs. Whew! He did it in 12 minutes and 10 seconds, and finished in the top half of all 500 climbers...way better than he expected to do. We anxiously awaited him in the lobby, and Payton was showing off....walking around everywhere and trying to get everyone to look at her. She's not shy at all, and would go anywhere, if I'd let her. She's going to be a handful, but aren't they all at this age?

We have Payton's infant "bouncy seat" out for our friend's 2 month old, when they come visit. Payton has claimed this as her own, and she LOVES to fall into it, and bounce around on it. I'm sure glad it's sturdy. I'm not sure what will happen, exactly, when the new baby arrives, as Payton may have a problem sharing, but we hope not! When we ask her where her new baby brother or sister is, she'll pull up the bottom of my shirt, and rub my belly. She'll kiss my belly when I tell her to kiss her baby brother or sister. She hasn't shown any jealously, yet, when I've held other babies, so I hope that continues.

Friday we leave for Isle of Palms/Charleston for the annual Cooper River 10K Run. Last year was the first year, in 7, that I've missed...I wasn't exactly in "running" shape, as I had Payton pretty much the week after the race. We are excited to introduce our family tradition to Payton at such a young age. She will be participating, in her stroller, as mommy and daddy struggle to push her up, then down the bridge, and into the historic streets of Charleston. Raegan, Payton's BFF, and her other friend, Gil, will also be making their debut appearance. The weather forecast looks really nice, and we are getting excited! Stay tuned for pictures from the weekend, and for the girls' birthday party pictures in the weeks to come. One year already....where does the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment