Monday, March 14, 2011

Looking FORWARD to Spring...


























Well, the clocks have been bumped forward, the days are longer, warmer, and filled with fun! This is my most favorite time of the year. The past couple of weeks have been exciting and busy ones for us all. Payton turned 11 months old, and she has started to master the art of walking...first with 2-3 steps here and there, to 5-7 steps, to 10 steps at a time! She is going to be running before we know it! We've had so much going on over the past couple of weeks...between the excitement of the ACC/NCAA Tournaments, having friends over for dinner parties, keeping Raegan one weekend, making progress on the nursery project, and visiting Shiela and Thomas' farm, here we are knocking on the door of April already!! The weather has been just about perfect for March. With temperatures in the high 70's on some days, and not much rain, we've been able to get outside a lot, swing, go to the park, and get in some good stroller runs. Payton loves to show off and be the center of attention. When she sneezes, she laughs. When she crawls fast, her head struts back and forth. When she does something she thinks was cool, she turns to make sure you were watching and grins. She loves to sing and dance, she's getting more and more interested in books, loves to sit in little chairs her size, is obsessed with all her shoes, will NOT leave a bow in her hair, or hat on her head, loves butterflies and flowers, "talks" all the time, and can make doggie, chicken, and kitty cat sounds. We switched her mostly to cow's milk this past week, and she's still deciding if she likes it or not...I sure hope she takes after her dad on this one. I'm not a milk fan!

Speaking of bumps...*PREGANCY UPDATE*On Friday morning we will go in for the "anatomy" ultrasound. I'll be 18.5 weeks along, and as you can see in one of the pictures, I have a nice little bump forming. NO, I still won't give in and find out the sex. It will remain a mystery to us all until delivery day. My gut feeling with Payton was girl. My gut feeling with this one is boy. Guess only time (and the ultrasound tech, if you pay her enough ;) will tell! With this ultrasound, they check the chambers of the heart, kidneys, stomach, basically all the major organs. This was the appointment with Payton where they saw fluid on her kidneys, and found that I had low amniotic fluid. I was told to drink lots of water, lie on my left side, and quit all exercise. That sucked! I had also gained 16 pounds at this point with her, had carpal tunnel, and sciatic nerve pain in my lower back and down my leg. With this pregnancy....I have only gained around 3 pounds so far, no carpal tunnel and minimal lower back pain, and I'm still running 3-4 times per week, 4 miles each run. I feel so much better and more healthy, and hope it continues, as this summer's heat will surely take a toll on me! I'll post some pics of Baby "Squish" after the appointment, and give an update on what we find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment