Monday, May 23, 2011

28 Week Appointment for Squish







We had a fantastic weekend! Payton and I were in the pool swimming at 6pm Saturday, with Daddy watching on, and thankfully, we made it past the "End of the World!!" The weather over the weekend was hot, sunny, and beautiful, just the way I like it. We spent most of Sunday at our friend, Adrianne's, lake house to celebrate her birthday. Payton and Madi entertained themselves playing in the sand, and floating on the raft Payton got me for Mother's Day.

I had my 28 week check up today. This included getting a Rhogam shot in my hip, because my blood type is negative, and Brian's is positive. They re-tested my iron levels since they were low 2 weeks ago. The vitamins I was taking didn't have iron in them...strange! So I began taking some prenatals that do have iron, and started eating more spinach and raisins. Anyway, my levels have since risen from 9.8 to 11.1, so I'm doing awesome! I had to take the one hour O'Sullivan's test (glucose screening for gestational diabetes), and passed :) Also, I got another ultrasound, just to confirm that my amniotic fluid levels were normal...and they were! That means I can continue running as long as my bladder, and back, can take it. We finally got a great face shot. After 11 ultrasounds with Payton, we never got a good look at her. She kept everything a surprise. I think it totally looks like a boy, but we'll see! The ultrasound tech, Allyson, even gave us a disk with the 4D movement AND the gender!!! I quickly passed that CD off to Brian to eliminate the temptation!

The baby is measuring 3 lbs, 4 oz, which is in the 81% of size. Measuring 2 weeks ahead...I grow BIG babies! I've only gained 8 lbs, and I passed my glucose test, so it's nothing I'm doing "wrong." To compare, Payton was 2 lbs, 8 oz at this same time of my pregnancy. This one had a heart rate of 141, and Payton's (at the same time) was 146. So who knows, really? My blood pressure was good at 112/62, and I go back in 4 weeks for another "regular" check in. Not much longer.....SORRY THE PICS ARE SIDEWAYS!

1 comment:

  1. ibkugler@ yahoo.comMay 31, 2011 at 3:12 PM

    Dear Leigh and Brian, I love the pictures of all three of you and I
    am so pleased that you are doing so well with this pregnancy, Leigh. You are getting s much better care than Betty did when she was pregnant with our three sons.I think it just wonderful that you are receiving such great care. It was so marvelous that you all got to go to the beach and have such good food and fun.
    Virginia and her niece will be leaving on 8/2 for a few days in New Mexico. Love you all so much. Great Grandpa K.






    r

    ReplyDelete