Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy July!


Senior Picture

Hiding my 32 Week Preggo Belly!

There were actually 4 of us preggers there :)

BFF, RHTS....Laura Ann "LA" Leslie Stewart


Reunion Planning Committee being thanked by Eve McIntyre Pilkington

20th High School Reunion Attendees

33 Week Belly

"Sucking it in"...pretty crazy!


34 Week Belly...while preggo with PAYTON!

Our Little Sunshine :)






Some Serious Off-Roading!

Stonie Kennington professing her love to Squish ;)

BFF's Cheryl and Leigh...due 2 months apart this time!


4th Of July Baby





What are we going to do about that TONGUE?



BFF's Raegan and Payton

Sitting still just long enough to catch a cute shot


Slide time!



Boat Baby

Awwww...kisses for Mommy!

Hang on!!

Happy 4th of July!!

It's been an emotional couple of weeks...Since I last posted, I have attended my 20th High School Reunion (East Mecklenburg High School, Class of '91), Johnathan Tisdale sadly passed away, we celebrated his life over the 4th of July weekend, and we attended a couple of friend's 4th of July parties. Nothing I can write can do "JT's" life justice, but his legacy lives on through his family & friends. One thing I know for sure is he has a loving family who will always remember his strength, faith, determination, and loving nature. Whitt, his son, no doubt will grow up trying to break all JT's road & mountain bike records, climb bigger rocks and mountains in his Land Rovers, and jump off steeper cliffs on his snowboard! (Lord help Amy!!) His daughter, Caroline, will make him proud, with her beautiful soul & sweet disposition. As I gazed around the sanctuary filled with friends and family on Saturday, July 2nd....exactly four years since his diagnosis of a brain tumor....I know the memories and amazing stories will keep him alive in all our hearts. Amy is a women of great strength and faith. I have great admiration for her, and I know she will only find a way to get stronger through all of this. Until we all meet again JT... AMEN!

Payton continues to enjoy the water, loves the boat and lake, and is just such an easy child. We are truly blessed to have a baby who can adapt and adjust to almost any situation (which, on a sidenote, scares us to death about baby #2!! Is it possible to get this lucky twice??) She ran around Calvary Church's sanctuary Friday night, at JT's visitation, with the older kids ,Whitt, Caroline, Kate, and Julia. She was there well past her bedtime, and was great. Busy, but great. Grumps, Daddy, and I all took turns chasing her up and down isles, stairs, and everywhere. She was asleep within 5 minutes of getting in the car. Saturday night we were at the Kennington's for lake fun, dinner, and fireworks. We woke her up around 10pm to watch some of their fireworks show, and then head home. She wasn't real sure she liked the loud "booms" but I think she liked the glitter and sparkle from the show. Sunday we were on the lake with the Boughmans, and both Raegan and Payton had fun on the boat. That afternoon we headed to the Killar's for a pool party, where Payton showed off her swimming skills, and played with a bunch of other kids around her age. Monday we went back on the lake with the Boughmans. We had Brian's parents, Granddude and Nana, over for dinner, then woke Payton up around 9:30pm to head to the docks and watch the Lake Wylie fireworks show. I'm still unsure if she really liked them or not, but she sat still, and enjoyed being passed back and forth between all 4 of us. And she met a froggy she liked :)

We have just 5 more weeks until we get to meet the newest member of our family. I'm feeling a little sad and a lot excited. My mixed emotions are due to the fact that I won't ever be pregnant again (not necessarily a bad thing!), scared and nervous about life with 2 little ones, yet excited to have 2 beautiful, healthy kids and watch them grow up together. Brian and I have a LONG road ahead of us, but I think we will be great parents and a strong team together. I will find out tomorrow if August 9th is a "go" as I will officially schedule my csection during my 34 week appointment. I did post one belly picture of me pregnant with Payton at 34 weeks...how do you think it compares to this one? I think we have narrowed our names list down to just a few. Wish us luck...we're going to need it!!

*UPDATE* Just went to see Dr. Lucas. My blood pressure was great, 108/62, still no signs of swelling, I've officially only gained 15 pounds, baby's heartbeat was 150 (the nurse said she woke him up!), and my iron dropped a little to 10.1. I'm going to increase my iron pill intake and try to get more spinach in me! Doc said he wasn't so concerned with the levels, but we would both like to have them a little higher. Everything looked great, and he told me to take it easy on the wakeboard ;) He is scheduled for vacation for the TWO weeks around my due date, but he said he has no plans, so he'll be able to get me on his calendar. Unfortunately I have to wait until the next appointment, July 21, to officially schedule. So, we still don't know Baby Squish's birthdate!

LOTS of pics this time...think of this as my baby book for the kids :) ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment