Monday, June 25, 2012

Brothers of the Sun...

Quick post, lots of pictures...VERY fun weekend!  Our kids are individually growing and reaching milestones way too fast.  Payton is talking up a storm, reading books to us, and singing a lot.  I love when she throws out new phrases we've not heard her say before.  She's quite hilarious, and very much into doing EVERYTHING by herself. We've taken a break from the potty training and letting her dictate that.  On Saturday, at Subway, she announced to the entire restaurant that she needed to go poop, and that she did...on the toilet, thankfully.  I can't wait for more embarrassing moments to come!  Griffin is all but walking.  I can hold one of his hands and he'll RUN across the floor, in a drunken baby-walk sort of way.  I'm not ready for him to walk yet, but my back would appreciate not having to carry him all the time.  He's waving hi and bye, talks ALL the time, and loves to be read to and sung to.  He also loves to push his toys across the floor...I REALLY need to get him some cars and trucks so he can take a break from all the "pink" girly toys.  My favorite is watching Griffin look at and laugh at Payton.  She entertains him, and is SO good with him.  It melts my heart. We are very blessed.

Here's a look at our weekend...we enjoyed it very much, although the hot, humid weather was even too much for me!

Friday afternoon produced a small thunderstorm, so we rode it out, with some neighbors, under the covered area at the pool.  The kids entertained themselves...and us.

Saturday morning...running errands before hopping on the boat.  This was what I found when I pulled into the Harris Teeter parking lot.  Oh, what to do????  This was after she woke up at 6:30 that morning...hope this trend ends VERY soon!
We are trying to wean him off the bottle...it's going okay, but he's not quite ready to go cold turkey yet.  I'm ready to say bye-bye to Dr. Browns...forever!

I manage to kill every plant I have each summer...our porch is directly hit by the hot afternoon sun.  I've managed only to kill one plant so far.  This particular vine is quite happy, and gives us beautiful new flowers each day!  I think I've figured out this plant thing...just add water!!  lol

Peek-A-Boo!  I see you!


She's a very good mommy to her babies...


Payton and Madi, the best of friends!
...and we all.fall.down.


I'm gonna get you!!!!


Long story short...Terri was more scared than I was to jump...several people climbed up to "encourage" her to jump.  Failed attempt #2, by Wally B.
...that was until Mike was ready for her to jump.  She KNEW she was going in then!!  The picture says it all...

Here...let me "help" you...Bye-Bye Terri!

Somewhere along the way, I told Terri that if she jumped, I would do a back flip.  Here I am, keeping my promise.  Terrified!

She finally finished that nap she started in the car!  Look at those long legs...she's going to be taller than me before she's a teenager!  We are just watching all that baby fat melt off...baby girl is turning into a little girl.  Bittersweet!

Nice tonsils, son.

I wonder if I'll ever have any hair?

Hey, who put that carrot in my mouth?

Payton entertaining Griffin...and Daddy!

Blowing raspberries...always.  And he loves to copy whatever we're doing.

Ready for the lake!
Heading to TBones for brunch!
Kelli, Mary Susan, and Me at the Brothers of the Sun concert (Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney) at Bank of America Stadium Sunday evening...the stadium was more full than I've seen it for any recent Panther's game, with the exception of the seats behind the stage, of course!
Terrific night out with my friend from high school, Kelli!  Tim McGraw performed first.  I saw Roy Williams, but the picture of me with him was quite blurry :(
Kenny Chesney


Payton starts the summer session Mother's Morning Out tomorrow, at Carmel Baptist (she was at Providence Baptist).  She'll go 3 days per week, giving Granby a much needed break.  I'm so sad though...she keeps asking if her friends from PB will be there :(  I have no doubt she'll make new friends quickly, but she sure misses her old buddies!  I'll let you know how it goes!  We'll be visiting Carowinds again this week also, then beginning our 4th of July festivities...I can't believe it's almost July already!  Pretty soon, we'll be hosting a FIRST birthday party.  Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment