Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Moment of Reflection...

Today marks one year since Johnathan Tisdale's death, after a long 4 year battle with brain cancer.  I can't express what I feel in words, but I can say how much he is missed by all his family and friends.  "JT" was a wonderful husband, father, son, brother, and friend, and he left behind such a precious family.  Amy, his wife, is....amazing.  She has been a rock for Whitt and Caroline, and everyone around her.  She is my inspiration, for many things, but especially how I want to be.  Loving, caring, understanding, patient, steadfast, tenacious, and most of all, an unbelievable parent. 

Today, I told JT how much he is missed.  I explained to Payton that JT died from cancer (knowing she had no understanding of such a thing).  I went on to explain that he went to heaven to live with God.  Her response, "let's catch him!"  I smiled, with tears in my eyes, and said, "baby, I wish we could." 

Today, we celebrate his life... many of his family members and friends went on bike rides in his honor.  WE MISS YOU JT!  Life is not the same without you in it.  Ride on, brother!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment