Monday, July 2, 2012

It's July...and we're melting!

I have always said that I'm not made of sugar, so when it rains and I'm without an umbrella, I surely won't melt.  I'm not the girly-girl who has to have my hair perfect, and is scared of a little weather, BUT I'll have to say that this outdoor girl was even a little skeptical of the weekend's weather forecast.  In Charlotte, we managed to reach 104 two days in a row, which only tied the ALL-TIME temperature highs recorded.  So, for us native Charlotteans, it was pretty gosh-darn hot!  At least the humidity was kept to a minimum, but I got a glimpse of what a roast feels like in the oven.  All that said, we still managed to spend most of our time outside, but definitely in the water!  

On Friday, Payton made it all the way across the width of our pool 4 times, on her own, with one breath.  Below is a video of her 5th attempt (and of course, she doesn't make it, she's tired, and cries at the end) but you can see how well she's doing!  Also, she loves when I throw her away from me, she hits the water, turns around, and swims back to me, coming up laughing. I plan on getting her with an old friend, in the fall, who is a swim coach for several really competitive teams in Charlotte. I want to see what someone else can do with her, and see what potential she really has.  She is long, loves the water, and with some stroke and breathing work, I think she may have a future in swimming!


In other exciting news....Brian's best friend, Jaybe Meacham, got engaged this past week.  We are so excited for Sharon and him, and can't wait to go to the wedding next summer :)  I keep hinting that our kids would make a cute flower girl and ring bearer...don't you think? 

The past weekend was spent going to birthday parties, and the Kennington's annual 4th of July party.  Payton didn't like the fireworks, at first, and sat inside the house, watching TV.  Then Brian talked her into coming outside and watching.  She made him cover her ears, and then she admitted the "sparklies" were pretty.  By the end of the show, she was sitting on my lap, clapping for more.  BOTH kids stayed up until 10pm, behaving, and quite happy.  But, as soon as they hit their carseats, they were out.  It was a good weekend :)

Sam and Payton just hanging around, lol...

Wes and Griffin...just waiting for the ladies ;)
Arrrrgh!

Hey, ladies!!!

Griffin (10.5 months) and Knox (5 months)
With Becki, the birthday girl...in the middle.  She turned 30, gulp!  I don't look 10 years & 2 kids her senior, do I?  (Please say NO!!  Pretty please!)



Chris and Brian...bottoms up!

Chris and Stonie...expecting little Juliet in November, and we couldn't be more excited for them!

Last July as a family of 3!!

Payton was running around and missed this family photo op...probably one of the few pictures we have of us with just Griffin

Racing up the stairs...he always looks back, laughs, then crawls faster.

SO, Payton had to get in on the action
Griffin looking up to Parker, at Kennedy's 2nd birthday party



Carolina hat-good girl.  "BB" under shirt looking preggers...um, hoping this is NOT a glimpse into the future!  Oh boy!
It was storming ALL OVER Charlotte, and all around us, but a GORGEOUS sunset at our house...I couldn't resist taking a few pictures!

Part of the gang!

Some of our best friends...Madi, Britt, and Dan

Our kids were in bed, so we borrowed some other cute ones :)
This about sums up the weekend...it was a GREAT one :)

Have a happy, fun, and SAFE 4th of July!  Please keep all your digits and limbs!!  We'll be out on the water, in the water, and playing lots.  Next big event...well, other than our 4th anniversary...Griffin's first birthday, GULP!

No comments:

Post a Comment