Monday, December 17, 2012

Third Annual Collins/Kugler Christmas Party

Parties, parties, and then more parties.  Yep.  That describes everyone's December, and we are no exception.  Let me back up.  Here are a few items from my birthday weekend, which I survived, unscathed.  The kids:

On the train again.  The kids freaking love this thing!  (At Mistletoe Magic at Morrison, with Granby and Grumps)

P loved this "tall guy," and she got to watch him take his "legs" off.
Payton was one WORN out girl, after a fun-filled birthday weekend...sleeping sideways in her bed.
On Sunday, the day after my birthday winery trip, we went to Shiela and Thomas' house at "the farm."  The kids had a blast, dodging poop, chasing goats and donkeys, and climbing in the goat houses.  Sounds like a germ-fest to me, but the kids didn't mind.  Hands were washed immediately afterwards.  We have thumb-suckers.  Can you imagine?  EW!
This is "George W."  Don't worry...he's old and arthritic (poor little guy), so he has NO chance at getting those back legs off the ground.  Sweet goat.





Running of the goats (the kids were chasing them)

Running of the donkeys...notice the baby!
Payton was sad she couldn't pet the baby donkey
Of course he found a ball.  In the middle of a goat field.

George W trying to eat Griffin's golf ball

I LOVE this picture!  With Stacy's baby, "Tessa"


 MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM PAYTON! (video below)


This brings me to Wednesday.  12/12/12.  My actual 40th birthday.  Let me first say that my husband made my day completely and utterly amazing!  We had a sitter for the kids (thanks, Ashley!), and he had a town car pick us up.  He gave me a very nice bottle of wine, two glasses, and out the door we went.  I had a hunch where we were going, as I'd mentioned wanting to go to this particular restaurant before (for our 10th or 20th anniversary...really nice place!)  So, he, as handsome as ever, and I loaded up and away we went.  Our driver was "in" on Brian's plan to try to throw me off, and I applaud his efforts, as he pretended to pull into a Wendy's.  What a sense of humor!  We did, in fact, end up at the place I'd always wanted to go.  The McNinch House.

Here.  Check it out:  http://www.mcninchhouserestaurant.com/

We chose the 6 course meal (courses are chosen by the chef) along with a "secret" wine pairing.  We didn't find out what we were drinking until after we'd tasted it.  The food was nothing less than incredible.  Great server.  Great experience.  We'll be back one day!
I felt like I was on the Bachelorette...no Rose Ceremony needed.  I knew who I'd pick :)
Before heading out, we did make time to spend with the kids, and have birthday cake, of course!




We had our annual Christmas party on Saturday, at the Collins' new house.  It was a fun party, with perfect weather.  TONS of food, drinks, and awesome people.  After this month, I'll be ready for a VERY relaxing January.






With all that happened in Connecticut on Friday, it was a tough weekend, emotionally.  It's with a heavy heart that I sit typing today.  No words can describe what those parents are feeling, and God sure has his arms full of cute little angels today.  Whew.  All I know is that I held my babies tight all weekend.  I just look into their eyes and can't imagine anything happening to them.  The security at their Mother's Morning Out has been stepped up, but still nothing can stop a crazy person with a gun and intent.  It's a sad, sad world we are bringing these kids up into, but I just hope Brian and I can show them that there really is good.  And raise them to be good people.  For today, I'm holding them as close as I can!  I love our babies more than words can describe...






No comments:

Post a Comment