Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Welcome Griffin Miles!!


(Above) Our Third Anniversary...dinner in Baxter Village at The Fish Market
(Below) We're ready to meet you, Squish!



And here "HE" is!!! Griffin Miles Kugler










At 9:52am we welcomed Mr. Griffin Miles Kugler to our family! Weighing in at 9 pounds, 2 ounces, and 20 inches long...I grow big babies!! Keep in mind, he was even a week early! He's gorgeous, blonde hair, blue eyes, and we think he looks like Payton a little. I had a chance to have some skin-to-skin, and nurse for a bit before he was whisked off to the nursery for a bath and to be warmed. We're patiently waiting now for the nurse to bring him back!

The procedure went perfectly. I'm currently extremely itchy and sweaty, from the morphine in the spinal block, and hoping it wears off soon. I can finally move my legs some, as I was unable to AT ALL right after surgery. I am told I won't be able to get up and move about until tomorrow morning, so in the meantime, I'm sipping on ginger ale, chewing ice chips, and watching Brian have lunch :)

Here are a few pictures from Griffin's grand entrance...I'm SURE we'll be posting many more in the hours and days to come. Payton will be meeting her new little brother this afternoon, so I'll update on how that goes.

Thank you ALL for the well-wishes and prayers throughout this wonderful journey. It's hard to believe it's all over, but all just beginning. Now our family is complete, we have a beautiful son and daughter, and we couldn't be happier or more in love!

1 comment:

  1. First of all congrats, again!
    Secondly, I forgot about the itchiness! Nate was calling me Tyrone, the crack addict from Chapelle's Show becuase I was so itchy!

    What a happy and joyous day!

    ReplyDelete