Wednesday, April 17, 2013

PAYTON IS 3!!

Okay, I know it was well over a week ago that she officially turned three, but her birthday party was last weekend, and since I've been slack on the kid's baby books, I want to make sure to list everything about Payton, at age 3...and then some :)

We always have busy weekends, but boy, was this one extra jam-packed.  Saturday morning I ran the Charlotte Racefest Half Marathon.  (This was the race I showed up for LATE last year, and ended up driving home in tears, since the start line had already been pulled up...I was devastated, so maybe I had something to prove this year?) This is officially my 5th half marathon, and by far, my personal best.  The weather was perfect, cool, and much more pollen-less than it's been.  The rain the day before really helped to clear the air.  My friend, Britt, ran it with me, to help my pace.  My goals were to A) beat my PR (personal record) of 2 hours, 58 seconds.  B)  Break that 2 hour mark.  Here, at 40 years old, mother of 2 little ones, I crushed it.  I finished in 1 hour, 54 minutes, 41 seconds.  I maintained a 8:46 pace...super fast for me. 417 out of 1297, and 14th in my age group. So, two weekends in a row, I have surpassed my goals and gotten new PR's.  All my hard work may be paying off.  I think I need to go shopping now, you know, as a reward :) 

417  14   781 Leigh Kugler         40 F Charlotte    NC 1:54:41 1:54:52  8:46
 (I want to mention how sad, disgusted, pissed off, angry, and a bunch of other feelings I have towards whatever evil coward bombed the Boston Marathon...a race only a privileged few get to run in their lifetimes.  May peace be with the families and friends of all who were/are affected by this act of terrorism.  Life is short, and this reminds you how precious it really is.)

Payton's party was at 2pm, at her dance studio.  Between my run and the party, Brian and I cleaned (for our first showing), I showered (um, I ran a half marathon.  I was yucky!), and I had to go get the party space prepared, decorated, and set up for the party.  The party was FUN!  I think most of the kids AND adults had a good time.  Lots of dancing, tumbling, jumping, and eating, of course.  Here are a bunch of fun pictures from her party:



She hugged almost every friend as they came in...tried to pick some up!  We need to work on being more gentle!





Watching the kids, with Granby

Having a temper tantrum.  I have no idea why, but he scoots backwards when he gets mad.  It's the first time I've seen him do it.  Granby and Grumps have seen this before, and evidently see how comical it is...


Sam boycotting the "girl party."  Lol...

Kyler, on the other hand, had no problem joining in with the girls.  Eventually, Sam came around :)

Eva taking a break with her mommy (who has the same birthday as Payton!)
Auntie Cheryl and Camryn


This is Mattie.  She is the one who got Payton interested in ballet in the first place.  She's a seasoned ballerina!


Eva
Camryn

This one is for the wedding album, lol!  I love how he can pull off a tiara, yet still VERY much look like a little boy.

Knox and Celeste




Sashay...

Daniella

Camryn
Lights OUT! Black light party!

Happy birthdaaaaaayyyyy, tooo....PAYTONNNNNN :)

Time for cake and ice cream :)

Aunt Julie:  "Griffin, you're going to share a piece of cake with me."  Griffin:  "You are CRAZY woman!"  lol

JUMP!
Butterfly Daniella

Kyler channeling Spiderman

Mattie Flying

Knox

Madi

Cali Morgan

Eva taking a break



I hear ya, Sam!  lol

Sam, impressing the ladies.  And Griffin.


This is one of the few pictures of Raegan...she wasn't feeling super well this day :(

Striking a pose with two of my besties...Missy and Cheryl

My birthday twin, Julie, and me.  Both 12/12.  Different years, but who's counting?


Chasity, Me, Julie

My sweet friend, Angela. She's the pretty redhead's mommy.  (Daniella...Payton and Daniella went to Mother's Morning Out together the last 2 years).

Getting 15 kids together, still, and smiling.  A daunting task for anyone.

Well, the big kids made the shot, at least :)

BYE-BYE, and thanks for coming to Payton's Ballerina Birthday Party (and thanks to the 4 boys, who were great sports!)



THINGS ABOUT PAYTON at 3...
-Height:  40.5 inches, 100%  (the height and weight of a big 4 year old)
-Weight:  40.5 pounds, 95%...she's square! lol
-Wears mostly 4T, especially pants and dresses.  Super tall.
-Size 10 shoes
-Potty trained, except at night.  Pull-Ups at night.
-Big girl bed (full-sized) since before Christmas
-Favorite colors:  pink AND purple
-Favorite song:  "Never Ever Getting Back Together," by Taylor Swift, and our Friday morning jam "Scream and Shout" by WillIAm and Brittney Spears
-Loves watching Sophia Grace and Rosie, when they visit on the Ellen Show...she was given "Tea Time with Sophia Grace and Rosie" book for her birthday
-Favorite TV Shows:  Dora, The Explorer, Sophia the First, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
-Extremely polite.  Although she isn't the best listener, she does have great manners.
-She can manipulate us very well.  Reverse psychology and bribes work well with her.
-She loves to mimic adults...talking on cell phone, checking her email, and she knows how to use the iPhone and iPads well.  Can use the "microphone" feature to tell it what to bring up on YouTube.  Scary, huh?
-LOVES her baby brother, but is very rough with him.  Pushes and takes toys from him.
-Is becoming very picky and vocal about what she will and won't wear.  I have to offer her choices, so that we're both happy.  She likes to match her bows and headbands, and wears lots of jewelry.
-Vocabulary and word enunciation is great.  She blows me away with words she uses and knows.  Yesterday was "mulch."
-She loves her Dr. Seuss books, Princess Ballerina, Big Sister book, and we do flash cards at night.  She can read a lot of the words on the cards, by sounding them out, and familiarity, of course.
-Loves to sing songs in her microphone.

-She is looking forward to her ballet recital, although she's still timid in ballet class, and takes her a bit to warm up.
-She isn't the best eater...doesn't like many "normal" foods, but surprisingly likes sushi, edamame, salmon, and salad.  Doesn't like potatoes, cotton candy, or many veggies (does like green beans and broccoli). 
-LOVES to "drive" my car.  She will sit in my lap and drive from Granby and Grump's house over to her friend Eva's.
-Favorite stores are Publix (she gets a cookie and balloon) and Home Depot.  Yea, not sure about that one.
-She goes to bed at night around 8pm, and although she was taking a break from naps, she's back on.  About 1.5-2 hours in the afternoons.


Payton didn't even open her birthday presents until Tuesday, after her Saturday party.  Seriously.  That's how freaking busy we are.  We cleaned up after the party, had a quick bite to eat, then headed to our friend Adrianne's house for a party.  The kids did awesome.  We actually were able to stay until 9:30!

Adrianne and Me

A and her love, Jonny

Me, and my love....

Being completely silly

Angie loves Griffin
With our favorite Becki


Down boy...even Mommy hasn't read that yet!


Sunday morning, Diana and Tobias (and baby Roman) scooped us on their boat, and we all went to TBones for brunch.  YUMM-O!  Payton had her class ballerina pictures that afternoon, then we went back out on the lake.  Fun day, but we were ALL ready for an early bedtime Sunday night.  Wow.  What a weekend...

OMG, we are in Trouble!


Payton and her friend, Mariah

Taylor, Mariah, Scarlet, Ollie, Payton
Roman and Griffin
Night night!
Payton had to go to the dentist on Tuesday to get a tooth checked.  On both of her eye teeth, the enamel didn't form properly, for whatever reason.  Both of those teeth are chipped and darkened.  She had complained about pain when I brush them, so I wanted to make sure there was no decay.  The dentist said that's a hard area to fill, even if they needed, to, but for now, unless she is complaining when eating, she should be fine.  This was her 4th or 5th trip to the dentist.  She was WAY more comfortable and cooperative this time...

Our house is on the market now.  If/when it sells, we're going to miss this place!


Picnic at the park

At girl, and her dog
 I'll leave you with some funny "Payton-isms"

-Payton counting:  10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, "Big Hundred!"  I guess 100 is a big number for a little girl!
-I'll tell something to Payton, then she says, "Mommy, you kiddin' me?"
-Me:  "You were the snowboard queen today!"  Payton: "No, Mommy, I was the snowboarding princess!"
-Mommy, you look beautiful.  Now, can you turn off the hair dryer so I can hear my show?"
-Mommy, Emma is being a good girl, playing ball in heaven.  God, please make Emma not sick anymore, okay? (I definitely got choked up on this one!)
-Payton looking at Bradford Pear trees..."Look Mommy!  There are marshmallows growing on that tree!"

We all love you, Miss Payton, so very much, and we are so blessed to have been chosen as your parents!  Happy THIRD birthday, our little princess.  Never stop dreaming....you can become anything you want!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete