Thursday, February 3, 2011

Payton is going to be a big sister!!



WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER BABY!!

I won't be posting this for quite some time, but I wanted to keep a log of everything from the very beginning...so by the time anyone reads this, I'll be into my second trimester with "squish" or "bellybean." We're still trying to find a fitting nickname for this one. I'm partial to "squish."

So Friday night, December 3rd, I decided to take a test. I just felt a little off, and had my suspicions. I had a cheapie test strip, and I'm not sure how accurate those things are. But, I went ahead and took the test, totally expecting it to be negative, especially since I was just 3 weeks, 4 days pregnant then. There was a VERY faint line. I proceeded to finish my glass of wine, in disbelief....and, I knew this would probably be my last glass for a LONG while. The next morning, same thing. Faint line. So, Britt, our neighbor and good friend, happened to have a digital test available for me. It said "pregnant!" So, this begins our journey to complete the Kugler family!! My actual due date is August 16th, and although I'll be miserable so far along in the heat of the summer, I've always wanted a summer baby. Because I'll be getting another csection, my doctor will let me go a week, or so early, so we're looking at meeting our new little one between August 7-10th! Daddy wants a boy. Mommy doesn't have a preference. We both just want happy, healthy, smart kids!! It's always nerve-racking at the beginning of a pregnancy, especially after experiencing a loss. I'm hanging in there, and have my first appointment, for confirmation and a blood test to check the hCG levels, on Friday. Praying all turns out fine!! I'm thinking positive thoughts!

Update: Had my confirmation appointment today, Dec. 10th. Diagnosis: I'm pregnant :) I had lots of blood drawn, including an hCG test. The numbers are supposed to double every other day, indicating all is going well "in there." I'll have a follow up blood draw on Monday, and praying those numbers are doubling nicely!!

After Monday's appointment: Numbers: 955 and 3544!! More than doubling, and Dr. Lucas is pleased!

Symptoms at week #4: very tired, thirsty, peeing a lot, slight headache, eyes burning, appetite is down a bit, bloated, sometimes a little light-headed (NOT from being blonde ;)

Symptoms to week #7: less tired, still thirsty which leads to peeing a lot, no more headaches, appetite is more back to normal, slightly bloated, and I get winded after coming up the stairs. Other than that, NO queasiness, and I've actually lost about 5 pounds since finding out I'm pregnant!

Symptoms to week #12: really nothing to speak of....like seriously, it hasn't felt like I'm pregnant at all, which was scary at first, but I've learned not to question it, and enjoy it while it lasts....so needless to say, this first trimester has FLOWN by. I hope I can feel this way well into the summer. BUT I'm expecting to have...not "cankles" but "thankles" (fat and swollen all the way up to my thighs!!) in the heat of the summer. Can't wait! Beautiful ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment