Thursday, February 3, 2011

First Ultrasound


It's December 27th, 2010. I had my first ultrasound today. Let me back up....after having great hCG readings about 2 weeks ago, my mind was at ease...for about a day! Since then, I've been concerned that maybe nothing is going on "in there" because I have literally had NO pregnancy symptoms. I do not feel pregnant. I have no aversions to any smells, except maybe Payton's poopie pants. Wine smells divine. No queasiness. No difference in my appetite. I'm not really anymore tired than usual. Boobs don't hurt. So, going into today's appointment, I kind of expected bad news. When the first image came up, it was of the gestational sac. Just a black area of my uterus (the other areas looking white). Immediately, it appeared empty. My heart sunk. I flashed back to my the news that my first pregnancy had failed to progress. It felt like an eternity before the ultrasound tech found the baby, and the heartbeat...but lo and behold, there it was. The amazing "whoosh-whoosh" sound and a little heartbeat of 141. There it was. Our little miracle #2....at last, I can finally admit I'm pregnant! A boy perhaps?

Both sets of grandparents are ecstatic. We are ecstatic. Payton doesn't have a clue, but I think she would also be ecstatic to know she's going to have a little brother or sister to play with in a little more than 7 months. Here we go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment