Thursday, February 3, 2011

Just need to vent.....



......so, I LOVE to snowboard. It's my favorite past-time. Last winter was probably THE best winter (for snow conditions and volume) of my life. This winter hasn't been too shabby either. Christmas-spent in the mountains, and it DUMPED. NYE spent in the mountains. 2 weekends in a row, GREAT riding conditions. Did I go? Nope. I'm pregnant. Again. Yes, I'm only 7 1/2 weeks right now, but I would hate to risk anything out of selfishness, BUT OH what a tease it's been. I just don't trust all those ya-hoos from Florida out on the slopes, who come once a year, head to the top of the mountain on their rental snowboards & skis, falling trying to get off the lifts, making the rest of us who belong up there wait for them to clean up their messes....screaming WHOO HOOO, after doing shots at the bar, and going out of control, poles out, resulting in running me over and them doing a "yard sale." So, no thanks. I'll sit indoors, watching everyone drink wine and beer, and just smile, knowing I'm growing a beautiful son or daughter in my belly. That's my reward. And, I can go snowboarding EVERY winter (after this one) for the rest of my life, or until my body gives out. There. I vented. Thanks for listening! I'll post these pictures to remind me of my one minute on my board this year....and first time for Payton. I can't wait to teach our kids to ski and snowboard, but that will be another post. In a couple years from now!

1 comment:

  1. ...and soon you'll have 2 more snowboard partners to boot! (Snow boot, that is.)

    ReplyDelete