Thursday, February 3, 2011

12 Week Ultrasound/Genetic Testing







This afternoon we had our "big" ultrasound....they test my blood, and collect measurements from a very detailed ultrasound, plug everything into the all-knowing computer, and it spits out the chances of anything being wrong with Baby Squish. As I did with Payton, I have the "uterus of a 20 year old." Basically, I have the most minimum chances possible of the baby having Downs Syndrome, or any of the other genetic anomalies. We are very blessed :) The next appointment is in 4 weeks, just for a routine check up, then in 6 weeks from now, we'll have another big ultrasound. They'll check my fluid levels, the baby's organs, heart, etc. This is the
gender determination ultrasound....but again, we will NOT be finding out the sex. We like driving everyone crazy :) They will give us at least another ultrasound at 28 weeks,because of my history of low amniotic fluid. Hopefully everything else will turn out fine this time, I'll continue feeling well, my carpal tunnel stays at bay, and I don't swell up like a hot air balloon this summer....hey, I can hope ;)

PS-I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn these pics around. They are correct in my photo file. Oh well.

1 comment: