Friday, May 17, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother Nature got my memo!  It's been WARM the past couple of days!  Friday evening we enjoyed a boat ride with the McKinneys.  Mattie and Payton get along so well.  I think Payton must really look up to Mattie, who is 5 1/2, and Mattie likes being the "boss" of Payton.  We had a nice time!
Saturday morning was Payton's dance recital dress rehearsal.  That means costume, hair and make-up, just like it will be on the recital evening.  Payton was all dolled up, with "stage makeup."  She looked like a kid from Toddlers and Tiaras.  Pretty weird.  They were adorable.  She did a great job with her routine and to no one's surprise, had no stage-fright. We are looking forward to her recital, on the "big stage" Saturday.  Payton is most looking forward to the bouquet of flowers she'll receive at the end...

Payton, Taylor, Mariah, Scarlet, Ollie, and Ms. Nicki



Because Payton did such a good job with the rehearsal (and Mommy needed a pedicure), we headed to Beverly Nails for some pampering.  Payton picked my candy-colored purple polish out, and pink, with "sparkles," for her.
We had quite the early start to my Mother's Day!  Our good friend, Missy, was meeting us to do a family photo shoot at sunrise.  Yep, just like our wedding day, but add 2 more people to get ready, fed, and out the door.  I think it went well.  Griffin didn't want to cooperate much, as he just wanted to run and explore.  Here's a sneak peek:
It was a chilly morning, but gave way to a gorgeous day.  After Brian and the kids took me to breakfast, and gave me their awesome present (which Payton kept very secret!), I went for a run with Callie.  The only reason I mention this is because of THIS:


My next step was going to be my face into his tail.  I felt like I was in the Amazon.  Seriously.  I was creeped out for a bit afterwards.  Ew!  I know it's a "harmless" black snake, but he was big, and I was completely caught off-guard.  I did have a beautiful run to, and around, Copperhead Island.  I was just glad that snake wasn't one of the mascots!
Oh, and here's my Mother's Day present.  So cute, right?

 Later, we took the kids to the pool, which was very chilly. They don't care.  I'm having their nerve endings checked at their next doctor's appointment, lol.  They even coerced me in, for a quick second.  Payton seems to remember some of her swimming.  She can do the breaststroke well enough to hang around the stairs, and just out from them, on her own.  I am looking forward to getting her back on track, and working on her freestyle.  As for Griffin, he seems perfectly fine sitting on the stairs and splashing.  He wasn't excited to get in the cold water, so I'm hoping, as it warms up, so will he! 


At Lake Wylie, we have THE best sunsets.  I'm not sure if it's because of the nuclear waste being dumped in the lake, or the raw sewage spills (sounds lovely doesn't it?), but whatever it is results in beautiful evening skies.  What a great ending to "my" day.



Goodnight, moon!  I hope all you mothers had a great day with your kids!  I didn't get to see my mommy on Mother's Day, but I had a wonderful day with Brian and the kids!  Oh yea, here's my other "kid."  She's doing better, without her sidekick, but still mopes around a lot.  Yes, she's a princess too!

No comments:

Post a Comment