Thursday, August 1, 2013

Visit with Grumps, and HOME for us :)

I went to visit Dad yesterday afternoon.  Unfortunately, when I arrived, he was sleeping, and of course, I woke him up.  Sorry, Dad!  I remember how miserable it is to try to get any rest in hospitals.  All they want to do is poke and prod, and ask you a gazillion repetitive (but necessary) questions.  He's getting a shot for thinning the blood every 8 hours, to make sure he doesn't get any clots, they are taking blood twice daily, to check his white blood cell counts, making sure there's no infection, then there are just nurses coming in to see if he needs anything.  He was able to "eat" some chicken broth, jello, and a mango Luigi's ice (his FAVORITE) for lunch.  Because he hasn't eaten anything since Saturday, that filled him up nicely.  He's lost about 10 pounds over the course of this process.  What a way to diet, huh?  He and I took a stroll around the hospital, he was practicing his jump shots every chance he got (just kidding), and he seemed to be moving around effortlessly.  He never used his pain pump, and he is on oral pain meds now.  Actually, he complained more about his ankle than his abdomen (he played basketball on Sunday, and his ankle always bothers him post-game.  As the pain meds wore off yesterday, he noticed his ankle screaming at him!)  Everything he said paralleled my csections.  SO similar!  Needless to say, he's doing awesome, and Dr. Rosen told him Dad is his model patient!  We are all hoping he gets to go home tomorrow, but I don't see any reason he wouldn't.  We are also hoping to get his test results back, and any details that will accompany those.  Keep praying for good news!

I love this guy! All smiles!  I think he was pretending the "tree" was his opponent, and boxing it out.

So what have we been up to, pre-surgery and post-mountain trips?  We've actually been home for a couple of weeks.  It's been nice to not have a gazillion plans, and it's making me super-excited for our upcoming beach trips!  And our 5th anniversary.  And Griffin's SECOND birthday!?!  What??  Where did the past year go anyway?
Julie Kreutzer saved my Monday and kept Payton and Griffin for us!  She got to hold Gavin's bearded iguana, and loved him!

Laura Ann (friends since 1st grade!), Me, and Andy at Cowfish

Paula Sloan Cook (went to junior high and high school together, and played basketball together), LA, Me

Girls' Night!  Andy, LA, Me, Brenda (my next door neighbor)

Night out on the lake...wake-surfing


Rob (wake-surfing), Drew, Kim, and the kids...Madison, Payton, Jacob, and Griffin





Griffin with one of his girlfriends, Madison


Payton, our little fishy!

Payton (3) and Jacob (5)

Drew, Me, Rob


Andy and her buddy, Drake, paid me a visit.  It was awesome to hang out and catch up...
So, where was Brian?  He was riding in the annual 24 Hours of Booty...a fundraiser for cancer, which has never been more important to us than now, since Nana and Grumps have been affected.  The kids got to spend the day with Nana and Granddude, and they, as always, had a blast!

He rode until around 1am, then headed home.  (Thank you for the pictures, Granddude!)
Lauren Moorefield and me...I used to babysit for her, as she used to live behind my parent's old house.  This was at her wedding shower!  I'm so happy for her and her fiance, Trigg!  (And yes, I'm wearing that dress for the second time!)

And here I am with Lauren's sweet parents...Debbie and Pete.  I have been long-time friends with them, and it was SO great seeing them. They look GREAT!
We had a playdate with Wes and Sam (and thanks to Aunt Miss for a yummy dinner and wine!)

Griffin wants to use the potty ALL the time, but hasn't ONCE dropped ANYTHING in it.  But hey, there is interest!

And we spent an evening with the Boughmans and Baucoms...
Speaking of the Boughmans, I have to give a quick shout-out to my bestie.  My BFF.  My dearest friend who turned FORTY today!  Welcome to "the club,"  Cheryl!!  We've been through SO many important life events together...some of the good ones being, marriages, 2 pregnancies together, long and short hair, 30 AND 40th birthdays, Christmases, New Year's Eves, Cooper River Bridge Runs, our first half marathons, and raising our 4 crazy kids, the best we know how.  Cheers to YOU, Cheryl!  you are beautiful, both inside and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment