Monday, December 7, 2009

12 Week Impromptu Ultrasound




Although we had an ultrasound scheduled for September 21st, for our Ultrascreen testing, I called in this morning to come get checked out. I woke up and literally did not feel pregnant anymore. NO symptoms, and everything I had been feeling just went away overnight. I was concerned even more when we tried to use our at-home doppler system (to hear the heartbeat) and couldn't find the heartbeat. My doctor's office told me to come in and they would be happy to check the heartbeat for me. I went in around 10:30am. Because I have what's called an "anterior placenta," meaning it's located on the front wall of my uterus, I have been told that it will take a little longer for me to feel any movement from the inside. Also, this makes it harder to find a heartbeat. So, when I went in, the nurse was able to find the heartbeat, but she wasn't satisfied with just that....she snuck me in for a surprise ultrasound!! This was the only appointment Brian has missed, and it was just because I was just running down the street to get checked out. We didn't expect this awesome surprise!! Anyday I can see my little booger, is a good day!! The baby was dancing around like crazy, heartbeat was 160, and measuring 12 weeks today!! Next appointment for the BIG testing is on Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment