Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day!!! 2009



About 4:10am I took one of my many bathroom breaks. I think I have mastered the art of sleepwalking. Anyway, on this trip, I noticed the power went out. Thankfully, about 5 minutes later it came on. Now, the real story is why!?!? Outside, it was freezing, raining, icing, and the wind sounded like a hurricane was ripping through the mountains. Put it this way, the blinds inside our room actually moved and made noises. It was pretty loud outside, to say the least. So, around 8am, the power went out again, and I reluctantly got out of my very warm nest in bed to go see what Santa had left for me. I had Brian turn on the gas logs, and it remained pretty comfy in the main room of my parent's mountain house. My parents got up, and then my brother, involuntarily, joined us :) He was still dreaming of a white Christmas....anyway, we had an awesome, dark-ish, Christmas, and Santa was very good to us. The dogs received many presents, and Callie quickly learned how to open them. After hours of phone calls to the local power provider with no luck getting through, Brian finally called a different number and got through. We were told the power might be back on in 2-3 DAYS! We had lunch, and decided to head down the mountain. The roads, at that point, were okay, and we were freezing in the house. My dad called when we were about 30 minutes from home and said it came back on. Oh well....it was a fabulous Christmas, and hopefully it won't happen next year at Wiggle's first Christmas! Check back in around New Year's Eve, as we have our next big doctor's appointment....ultrasound and glucose testing. Hopefully I'll get some good photos of Wiggles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment