Thursday, December 17, 2009

25 Week Check Up

On Tuesday of this week, I went in for a check up. I had been feeling nauseated, dizzy, and faint that morning....so they asked me to come in. I had a scheduled appointment for Thursday (today) so they went ahead and moved it up. Basically, they think I just got overheated and my body was trying to cool off, by borrowing some blood from my head....now folks, I'm already a natural blonde as it is, so we'll just leave it at that ;) I have a small heater under my desk and it was running....I'm cold ALL the time, so I had no idea I could be "overheating!" They ran some blood tests (thyroid, hemoglobin) and did the normal other stuff they do. My blood pressure was a little on the low side of normal, but all was okay. Wiggle's heartbeat was around 150 beats per minute. We checked out fine, and we have our next ultrasound and glucose testing appointment on the morning of New Year's Eve....this is where they will check the amniotic fluid levels and test me for gestational diabetes. Do you think now is a good time to lay off the chocolate?

Around 6am today, Brian was in the closet picking out his outfit for the day. I asked him to come over and feel his child kicking. I think his exact words were too R-rated to post on here, but it was close to, "Holy Crap!" I said, yea, you ought to feel it from the inside! Wiggles must have had an early morning kickboxing class inside my uterus. As a matter of fact, I think Wiggles was taking make-up lessons all morning.....this child was VERY active today, and those muscles are getting bigger and stronger. Can't wait to get the breath literally knocked out of me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment