Wednesday, March 10, 2010

36 Week Check Up

I went in to see MY doctor, Dr. Lucas, this morning. There are so many docs in rotation, you rarely get to see your own doctor. I got my Strep B test done, and he did a pelvic exam. My cervix is softened and I'm thinning some...but no dilation. I go back on Tuesday for ANOTHER ultrasound ;) #10, to be exact. I'll see Dr. Taylor and he'll check the fluid levels and head size. IF the head is more than 10 cm, then pretty much, it's not going to fit through the birth canal. IF this is the situation, unfortunately I'll end up having a C-Section :( BUT, that would also mean it will be scheduled, and we'll be doing what's best, ultimately, for both me and the baby. Probably would happen the last weekend in March, so it's REALLY getting close now!! The nursery is all finished, and we've gotten most of our necessities....just a waiting game at this point. My blood pressure was fine-110/68, which was a relief since I've been swelling so much. The baby's heartbeat was around 135. I'm still feeling pretty strongly that this is a boy, and sounds like it won't be much longer until we know!! And, if I hear ONE MORE person comment on the size of my belly, I think I may start throwing punches....even the lady scheduling my next appointment asked if there were two in there. REALLY? Ugh....Makes me not want to be in public for the next 2-3 weeks. Oh, wait! I could just tell the baby to stop growing ;) The good news is, a lot of my weight is water weight, and will drop off soon after giving birth, so I'll start feeling a lot better almost immediately. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment