Tuesday, March 16, 2010

37 Week Ultrasound

Well, we had our 10th, and final ultrasound today. The ultrasound tech had a hard time even getting to the baby's head to measure, since it's dropped so far into my pelvis. No surprise, but no good picture yet again. I think it's safe to say this child is out of room, and fully "cooked." The ultrasound is estimating the weight to be 8 pounds, 1 ounce, although Dr. Taylor says he thinks it's more like 7 1/2 pounds or so. The head is measuring 40 weeks along, and the legs are at 39 weeks. My fluid levels are the lowest they've been yet, at 8.4 cm. The last low was 9.6cm, then it raised up to 13.4cm. They won't "do anything about it" until either the baby is in distress, quits growing, or stops moving. Dr. Taylor says he sees no reason to do anything at this point, and told us to be patient. HA! (Dangerous levels aren't until they are under 5cm). My blood pressure was again low, to my surprise since my cankles just look like my calves growing straight into my feet (swelling often is a side effect of high blood pressure). Mine was 108/64...perfectly normal. The baby's heart rate was up some, at 153 bpm. My next appointment is on Monday, and I'll have another pelvic exam where they'll check for dilation. OH, one last note, you can all put an old wive's tale to rest....supposedly babies with lots of hair give mom heartburn. Well, here I sit, never having an episode of heartburn in my life, and Baby K has about 1 inch of hair on that big head of his/hers. :) Wonder what color it is??????

No comments:

Post a Comment