Sunday, March 7, 2010

36 Weeks and Getting Closer!



We had a fabulous weekend! This was the THIRD beautiful weekend in a row we've had in Charlotte this winter, so people were out and about....REALLY made me look forward to being able to run again, and from some of the recent comments about my growing belly, it seems I'm not the only one who thinks I need some immediate exercise :O Friday we went with Cheryl and Jeremy to see "Alice in Wonderland." Cheryl and I both soon realized that we are no longer physically able to sit through anymore movies, until after the births of our children! Swollen, achy, and antsy. Saturday was our final baby shower...our "Couples Shower," or as my dad likes to call them, our "Bisexual Shower." Many of our friends were able to come out and enjoy the beautiful day. This shower was given by Cheryl, Julie, and Celeste, and was perfect! All the guests were able to participate in various games from cornhole, to basketball, to ladder golf, and we received many thoughful and MUCH needed gifts. I've managed to get everything washed and put away, and with the exception of a few minor necessities, we couldn't be more ready to meet our little one!!! So, here is my big belly at 36 weeks. Wednesday I have my weekly check up. This week I'll get routine tested for Strep B, and get my first pelvic exam. If I test positive for being a carrier of Strep B, it just means I'll have to get an antibiotic shot at delivery. I'm not expecting to hear I'm at all dilated yet, but I can be hopeful!! Just a little over 3 weeks to go, nesting has kicked in full gear, and my patience is wearing thin! Come out out and play, Baby K!

No comments:

Post a Comment