Monday, March 22, 2010

38 Week Doctor Appointment

Well, the appointment didn't go quite the way I expected :( Starting out with my blood pressure spiking this week...130/80. They asked if I am feeling the baby moving a lot still and I said not really. They did an NST (non-stress test) and the baby passed. It just makes sure the heart rate is okay and that the baby reacts to outside stimulus. Then I saw Dr. Taylor, with BIG hopes of getting my membranes scraped. Well, you have to be dilated in order for this to happen, and guess what? I'm not dilated at all. Ugh. So frustrating. This little booger has no desire to come out and meet us, as he/she is very comfy in there for the time being. I was told they won't discuss inducing until 41 weeks, so I'm hoping, praying, and crossing my fingers AND toes that I show some progress at my next appointment on Monday. Until then, I'll be trying to get some walks in and just relax. This one's out of my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment