Tuesday, April 6, 2010

6:25 AM

Oog....guess bright and early should've read dark and early. The nurse came in at 5:45am to remove the Cervidil and get the day moving. Leigh got out of bed and into the shower to get cleaned up in preparation for getting right back in bed for the day and I went for breakfast.

Previously we'd ordered what was in effect room service from the in-room dining menu, including for breakfast yesterday. On our tour we were told that mom could order absolutely anything she wanted and that dad could 'help' with any extra that mom couldn't finish. The execution of that plan was distinctly different with Leigh being told that she was allowed ONE entree so off I went to the cafeteria.

This morning there was to be no room service but we got to use the handy-dandy meal voucher they gave us (her - let's be honest, I wasn't really crossing their mind on that one). Now, I'm not sure why we (she) got one for breakfast today but not for our (her) other meals, but I'm not complaining either. It indicated that it was good for a light breakfast and was accepted happily for a tray consisting of a bagel w/cream cheese, yogurt parfait, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage links, hash browns, orange juice, apple juice, and a large coffee. Not bad! Leigh isn't feeling particularly hungry today though so she's going to do her best and call lack of an appetite a good sign that things are happening.

Last night was mostly uneventful but mostly restless. It seemed that Leigh got her vitals checked just about every time she dozed off though we were told it would be only every four hours; adjust the fetal heart monitor, put on the blood pressure cuff, and take Leigh's temperature under her arm, assuring that she wouldn't be able to fall asleep for roughly 3 hours and 45 min. This was understandably frustrating for her (I believe the phrase "Ill as a hornet" was used). I slept on a chair that has a pull-out ottoman but doesn't recline - lying down, my legs extended beyond the limits of support by roughly a foot and a half....or my lower leg in its entirety. Curling up on a 'bed' slightly wider than my shoulders was somewhat less than ideal too, but I digress....we're not here to talk about me! :)

So the day has begun, Leigh is going back on Oxytocin at 7 -- back to level 2, but I've just discovered that I didn't have my units straight so I was comparing apples and oranges when I said she went up to a level 66. I still don't have the units straight so I'm not going to give them to you, but 66 is a 22 on the 2 to 20 scale -- and we're going to start another day-long movie.

Okay, I'm going to eat now and post more later. Feel free to ask questions in the comments or via email! Again, if you want to stop by, feel free but give us (Brian - better cell service) a call beforehand so we can make sure it suits.

7 comments:

  1. Back again today rooting y'all on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on getting to a 1cm ASAP!!! Hopefully after your water is broke the little one will feel more urgently inclined to make his presence into the outside world known ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope all goes well today with Baby K and making its presence in the world. Better get to RedBox and check out some movies or see what sort of movies lifetime has on today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're watching Twister, one of the 6 DVDs we brought... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why don't you try "Knocked Up" for inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather, I'm not sure if you're aware of the procedure for things, but we already took care of that one. Sort of a prerequisite for being here now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was speaking of the birthing scene, you silly goose.

    ReplyDelete