Friday, April 2, 2010

Light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, we had our final ultrasound and doctor appointment yesterday. Finally, the final appointment!! The ultrasound was pretty unproductive, as there is really no room left in our baby's little home anymore, thus making anything out was pretty tough. The fluids were even lower, at 6 cm, and the baby was measuring 9 pounds, 2 ounces! Now, Dr. Taylor said he does think this will be a big baby, coming in at over 8 pounds for sure, but maybe not a 9 pounder. The baby's heart rate was 129, and my blood pressure was 130/82. I was not at all dilated, and found out that back at week 36, when Dr. Lucas told me I was softening and thinning, that I really wasn't. No progress whatsoever has been made toward going into labor on my own, so we had some decisions to make. Brian was with me at this appointment, thankfully, so we discussed the options we'd been given. Our decision was to go ahead and schedule me to be induced next week. Dr. Taylor got on the phone with labor and delivery and scheduled us for Monday morning, 7am. This is the way it will all go down...I will be put on a drip of Pitocin, the pharmaceutical form of the hormone, Oxytocin, your body produces that starts contractions, for 8 hours on Monday. The hope is I make some sort of progression toward dilating. If not, then I'm taken off the drip for the evening, get to shower/eat, and spend the night, then we do the same for Tuesday, and Wednesday, if needed. If on Wednesday, there is still no progress, I'll ultimately end up with a c-section. So, cross your fingers for us, say a little prayer that I'm not in labor for 3 days, and look for updates on here come Monday. YAY!! We will finally be parents by Wednesday, April 7th!!! Until then, we are going to enjoy this FABULOUS weekend, try to get the boat cleaned up and in the water, enjoy our last weekend of "freedom," and pretend I'm not 40 weeks pregnant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment